Amy is a freelance photographer originally from Victoria, BC. She spent her youth between "the island" and Whistler, adopting a laid back and relaxed attitude. Throughout school, she played numerous sports that saw her travel across Canada, the US, Japan, and Barbados. This embedded a wanderlust bug early in her, and not a day goes by when she isn't thinking about places she can travel to and photograph.
In 2009, Amy moved to Melbourne Australia where she completed the commercial BA Photography program at RMIT University. Over 6.5 years in Australia, Amy was able to fine tune her skills, assist industry leaders, and learn about photography on an international scale. This is also where she developed her love for photographing surfing, fashion, and lifestyle.
Amy loves to be outdoors photographing people and landscapes. Light and location are her muse and she is a keen observer of the world. She hopes to freeze memories, capture the in between and otherwise forgotten moments.
Currently, Amy is working from Whistler but is readily available throughout the lower mainland (Vancouver to Pemberton) and in Victoria. She is available and willing to travel worldwide for work.
When Amy isn't doing photography, she can be found looking up flight deals, taking her niece and nephew on adventures, staring at the ocean or mountains while sipping coffee, wine, or a craft beer, skiing, surfing, napping, reading, or watching Netflix. Her furry sidekicks, Kaia and Riley, are most often found within a 3 metre radius of Amy at all times.
clients and collaborators
Rip Curl / Boywolf / Lady Luks / Luks Life / Arrow Divine / Rue Stiic / Rue Stiic Swim / Peace Collective / Wild Mountain Apparel / Apache Pine / Drift Creative Apparel / Heidi The Artist / Emve The Label / Dream Street Boutique / Mantel & Church / Popoyo Surfboards / Seth Sentry / Pez / Nathan Strempel / Metro Gallery / Just Another Agency / T-World / Fox FM / That's Melbourne / People's Choice Credit Union / Cashflow Manager / Crown Casino Melbourne / Emporium Melbourne / Asthma Foundation of Victoria
- Whistler Magazine, Winter/Spring 2017 Issue
- Ellements Magazine, Issue 7, Summer 2015
- MINC Magazine, Issue 16, July 2015
- Rah Collective Book, 2013
- Just Another Book III, 2013
- Surfing Life Magazine, Issue 297, June 2013
- Stab Magazine website, Full Frame, March 2013
- Just Another Book II, 2012
- Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach website, April 2012
- Kite Mag, Issue 13, April 2012
- SUP Mag, Issue 4, October 2011
- Tracks Magazine, Issue 490, July 2011
- Revista Hardcore website, May 2011
- Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach website, April 2011
- Engineers Australia, Vol 83 No 5
- ForbesLife Mountain Time, Vol 2 No 1
- Something Of Myself, solo exhibition, Work-Shop Melbourne, Melbourne AU
- O'Neill's Lose Yourself Somewhere National Photographic Exhibition, group exhibition, The Snake Hole, Mornington AU
- Tie Your Colours, group exhibition, Ruffian Gallery, Melbourne Australia
- Six Stories Tall: A Poster Exhibition, group exhibition, Bruce Artist Run, Melbourne AU
- The Melbourne Fractal Project, group exhibition, Federation Square Atrium & No Vacancy Project Space, Melbourne AU
- Two Weeks in Paris, group exhibition, St Edward's University, Austin Texas USA
- The Decisive Moment, group exhibition, Australian Academy of Design, Melbourne AU
- Betwixt, group exhibition, Owl and the Pussycat Gallery, Melbourne AU
- ABUS Unlocked, group exhibition, No Vacancy Gallery, Melbourne AU
- DOGS DOGS DOGS, group exhibition, 1650 Gallery, Los Angeles USA
- Footsteps of the Impressionist Tour, group exhibition, Field 36 Gallery, Melbourne AU
- Shoot First, group exhibition, No Vacancy Pop-Up Gallery, Melbourne AU